Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

For once I am not too thrilled it's Friday because that means my spring break is over in a few days. Luckily I still have a few days left to rest up and possibly get some things done. I had my wisdom teeth out Tuesday which went really well, so I've spent most of this week being lazy. No complaints here, though! Before I get started on this lazy Friday, I'm sharing my Friday Five with you!


1. The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
This book was recommended to me by Maureen, who reads a ton of good books, so I was pumped when I found out my co-worker had it for me to borrow. From the first page I was hooked! The Tattooist of Auschwitz follows the story of Lale, a prisoner at Auschwitz-Birkenau, who is given the job of tattooing his fellow prisoners as they arrive at Auschwitz. Lale soon meets the love of his live, Gita, who he vows to marry once they make it out of this camp alive. This book follows Lale through his two and a half years of being a prisoner and how he used his privileged position, risking his own life, to help save others. It's truly a remarkable story I recommend to anyone!


2. Nuun Plogging Challenge
On Monday, Nuun shared with us a Plogging Challenge as a way of celebrating Earth Day throughout the whole week. Plogging is "a Swedish word meaning picking up litter while jogging." I had heard of this term before, but haven't actually done it before. Since Nuun was challenging me, and I needed a reason to get out and walk, I decided to complete it! On Thursday I went on a 45 minute walk around my development and collected over half a plastic grocery bag full of litter. It was such a nice way to help the earth while also getting some movement in!

Source

3. Hydro Flask National Park Foundation Collection
I received an email from Hydro Flask this week that shared their newest collection, the National Park Foundation Collection! This is a limited edition collection that showcases 5 of our National Parks including Yellowstone and the Great Smoky Mountains. Each bottle features artwork that pays tribute to these beautiful places! You can purchase these in the 21 oz or 32 oz sizes.

Source

4. Momentum Jewelry's #sharetheSPARK Motivate Wraps
I received my ambassador package with the 2 newest Motivate Wraps for the #sharetheSPARK campaign and I have been dying to share them with everyone! The new mantras for 2019 are "keep reaching higher" and "find your courage." From now until May 6th, the whole Share the Spark collection is on SALE (this includes last year's mantras: "you got this!", "you're so worth it," "keep moving forward," and "never give up"). You can choose from any of these six mantras for just $14 each! Want to pay it forward and pass one on? You can buy 2 and you'll get 50% off the 2nd #sharetheSPARK Motivate Wrap! How cool is that?! This is a great sale that will be ending May 6th so hurry on over and pick one (or more!) out!


5. Mashed Potatoes
This is a silly addition to my Friday Five. I've been on an all soft food diet this week because of my surgery so I've had no choice but to eat tons of mashed potatoes. To be honest, I've never been a fan of anything containing potatoes, but I think I am coming around to them. I've actually been enjoying eating mashed potatoes all week because it's the one thing that has helped keep me full!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. So so so glad you liked The Tattooist of Auschwitz! It's been one of the best books I've read this year.

    I can't believe you don't really like potatoes! They're one of my favorite foods haha.

    One thing I've been loving this week is Nuun Rest! Making it warm is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely one of my favorites in awhile!!

      Potatoes used to be my least favorite food but I’m beginning to like some things with them in it. John’s mom laughs at me because I like the “fake” mashed potatoes in the box haha.

      I’m glad you’re loving Nuun Rest! It’s so nice to drink warm before bed. Just like a cup of tea!

      Delete
    2. Funny story, when I got my wisdom teeth out my older brother did as well. Obviously mashed potatoes were one of the foods we would both need. We always have homemade mashed potatoes but my mom said she wasn't making two people mashed potatoes all weekend so she bought the boxed ones for the first time ever! It's actually so easy to make mashed potatoes that I do it all the time when we have them. Alex can even make them so that should say something. I love him but he's not the best in the kitchen lol.

      Delete
    3. I think it’s the actual texture of potatoes I don’t like so I’d need them super mashed up so it kind of makes them creamier. Idk I’m weird haha. I can’t believe you and your brother got them out at the same time. That probably was easier for your parents.

      That’s too funny that Alex isn’t the best in the kitchen. John surprised me sometimes with what he can do but it’s mostly simple meals lol.

      Delete
  2. Ahh thanks for sharing sooo many great finds. I love those momentum wraps! Such a fun and cute idea. Ok, those mashed potatoes though look perfect. Now I’m craving them! mmmm mm! Hope you’ve had a good weekend, Em!

    ReplyDelete