Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

TGIF! This week was quite the doozy so the weekend is much appreciated! John is away for the weekend so I'll be keeping myself busy with a 5K on Saturday and my sister's baby sprinkle on Sunday. I'm hoping to squeeze in some relaxing and housework in between all those! Before I finish off this work day, I'm sharing my Friday Five with you!


While eating lunch in Philly on Sunday, I realized we were within walking distance of the bakery we were getting our wedding cake from, Termini Brothers. The cake is part of our package so we don't really know much about them except the cake we've tried at a bridal show is amazing and everyone raves about their cannolis. After some {read: none} convincing, we went and grabbed some cannolis at the bakery. Let me just say that it was the best darn cannoli I have ever had tasted. We went with the classic ricotta cannoli which had the creamiest filling with delicious chocolate chips. I am now counting down the days until we go back to the bakery for our cake tasting so I can buy more! If you're the Philly area, look up the different locations and check one out!


I've had this nail polish for years and it will forever be my favorite! My old roommate and I used to jokingly call it my "engagement nail polish" because I wanted to be wearing it when I got engaged {I was not actually wearing it when John proposed but I've since learned that any colors other than grey and nude clash with my ring so it's all good!}. Now that sandal weather is here, I painted my toe nails with it on Tuesday and I forgot how pretty it is! OPI is quality nail polish because it stays on well!


3. Tribe Vanilla Bean Hummus
If you remember awhile back, I wrote about Tribe's dark chocolate hummus in a Friday Five. This week I tried the vanilla bean flavor because it was on sale and let me tell you, it's tasty! The container suggests pairing it with a banana which I tried and liked, but it's also good with pretzels. I'm sure it would also pair well with strawberries, animal crackers, and graham crackers! I even mixed it with the dark chocolate hummus paired with pretzels on day for lunch and it was delicious!


4. Google Keep
At a Google training for work a few weeks back {we use Chromebooks so everything is Google-based in my school}, a coworker shared a cool feature through Google that is an online to do list with reminders called Google Keep. Being the organizing freak I am, I instantly started using it. Google Keep allows you to make multiple to do lists for anything your little heart desires! I currently have a general work to do list, a person to do list, and an IEP writing to do list. You can even pin the most important ones to the top if you have a lot of different lists.

I promise it’s more appetizing than it looks! This is the shredded chicken mixed with buffalo sauce. 

5. Shredded Chicken
I've been in a lunch rut lately so I decided to take some action on Sunday. I brought a package of frozen chicken over to my mom's and cooked it in her Instapot. I then used a hand mixer to shred it up and BAM! lunches for the week! I have done something different with the chicken each day! One day I added some pasta sauce and cheese to make chicken parm and another day I added garlic buffalo sauce for a buffalo chicken bowl. The possibilities have been endless!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness gracious that cannoli is truly making me drool!!! I am loving that OPI nail color- really perfect for fall. I HAVE to try that hummus. I did not know that even existed?! Thank you tons for sharing your faves, girl! Always love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy reading about my faves! :) You HAVE to try this hummus! I know there are other brands that make "dessert" hummus so I'm sure whichever ones you find will be good!

      Delete