Wednesday, May 29, 2019

2019 Goals: May Update

May felt like it was flying by but also was dragging at the same time. I'm not sure how that is possible but I am just grateful that June will be here in a matter of days because good things are coming! Less than 3 weeks until I am done work for the summer and can go into full-time wedding mode! I will be working a summer job but it is not as intense as my usual job. In typical last-Wednesday-of-the-month fashion, let's talk about how my 2019 goals are going!


Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
Overall I think this may have been my best month of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I have started to follow a half marathon training plan as a way of keeping my running on track for the next few months of craziness. John and I have been consistently going to the gym and eating healthy meals. We are both signed up for a eight week weight-loss challenge at our gym! I am not too worried about weight loss. I am more doing it for all the strength training opportunities!


Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I know I've been doing great with the recycling part of this goal because by time recycling day comes around, our can is FILLED! As for reusing, I've been doing a lot of brainstorming for ways to reuse items. I recently started using an old Nuun tube for my headphones. It keeps them from getting tangled in my gym bag! I also currently have a few empty medicine bottles that I am brainstorming ideas on what to use them for. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!


Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
I have been finding myself on my phone more and more lately for some reason. To overcome this I have been trying to keep myself busy after work to prevent myself from just laying down and playing on my phone. Now that school is winding down, I’ve been trying to read more. The books I’ve been reading are ones I bought for my classroom library. I try to read them all before I suggest them to kids. 


Goal 4: Try New Recipes
Earlier in the month I made a delicious dinner of shredded chicken with spinach sauteed with a garlic oil. It turned out much better than I had expected since I was just throwing stuff together in a pan. I acquired an abundance of bananas after Camporee in the beginning of the month so I made some healthy banana bread. John definitely enjoyed that! Recently we tried our hand at grilled swordfish. I personally loved it while John was "eh" about it. 

Goal 5: Give Back
This is a goal that didn't get as much attention this past month. I am currently brainstorming things I can do in June!

Goal 6: Save Money
Knowing we have a lot of wedding related purchases approaching, we have been pretty good with saving money this past month. We did a lot of cooking at home using ingredients we already had on hand. I noticed we had a lot of food in our pantry and freezer that was not being eaten so we are trying to use most of that up before buying more food.

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

5 comments:

  1. I love Nuun tubes to hold headphones! I think other empty tubes of medicine bottles would be great for holding vitamins while traveling (actually just did this with nuun haha), hair ties and bobby pins. Depending on the size of the bottles, you could even throw some advil in them to always have some on hand. I bought a travel size bottle once and just refill it and keep it at my desk now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas! That bobby pin idea is great because right now I just have them loose in my bag lol. I have one of those travel bottle too! They’re perfect to refill.

      Delete
    2. I hate bobby pins since I lose them so often! Definitely a good way to hold them. I've seen people put them in tic tac containers too.

      Delete
    3. A tic tac container is genius since it has the little opening! I used to have a little container that I actually bought with bobby pins in it at one point but who knows where that ended up.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo- only three more weeks! How exciting, girl! I, too, find with the weather getting warmer I think it’s easier to stick to a healthy lifestyle- mood is elevated, more motivation to get outside, and just energy overall!

    So glad to hear recycling is going well! Reading, and having a great book to look forward to, definitely cuts down on my nightly phone use especially!

    All the food sounds sooo good that you made- and I wish I could reach out of a bite of that banana bread!

    Great goals update! Thanks for sharing, Em! Can’t wait to read your June goals!

    ReplyDelete