Monday, May 20, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXII

Hi everyone! I'm moving pretty slow on this Monday morning after such a long weekend. We were really productive in the beginning of the weekend and then allergies got the best of me yesterday. This is going to be a pretty long week for me at work so time for me to jump right in! Follow along to see what I was up to all last week!

I didn't take any pictures Monday or Tuesday and I honestly don't even remember what I was doing then lol. On Wednesday I had a good laugh when I saw a student was using a broken off piece of their Chromebook case as a book mark.


After skipping runs earlier in the week due to allergies, I finally got in a good morning run on Thursday.


I FINALLY received my contract on Thursday after they addressed and sent it to the elementary school. Talk about stressful...


Dexter snuggled with us in bed that night :) He doesn't due that as often now that it's warmer out.


Friday was our last testing day and a half day, so we brought the kids outside for awhile. I played a small game of soccer with some of my girls.


Friday night we worked hard to get our invites finished and ready to mail. We went fancy and wax sealed them :)


On Saturday morning we mailed our invites!!


Since we had the rest of the day free, John, my brother, Dale, and I jumped in the car and took a road trip up the Lancaster. We went back to the place where John proposed!



Visited Rachel while we were in Millersville!!


And had a delicious dinner at the Shady Maple Smorgasbord!


Dexter actually let me sleep in Sunday so I got a late start on my run. I decided to run to meet John at the gym so that route brought me by our venue :) I tried sneaking some pictures...


8 miles DONE!


Some strength training and a nice foam rolling session afterwards.


Later in the day, after a trip to Urgent Care for my eye, I went on a walk with Ashley and Tommy. He clearly was relaxed...


John and I grilled swordfish for dinner that night. It was delicious!


Question of the Day: Have allergies hit you yet?

4 comments:

  1. Allergies KILLED me a few weeks ago. It sucked and I felt so bad when I was sneezing since my coworkers probably thought I was sick. That is so stressful about your contract but luckily it all worked out and you got it :)

    I hope your eye is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allergies are killer this year! Every time I think I'm getting better, my nose starts running again. It's such a gross feeling!

      The contract fiasco was so stressful! Everyone else got their contracts in their mailbox on Wednesday but mine wasn't there. I obviously would've known by then if I wasn't rehired but I was the only new hire this year so I was freaking out. Luckily it all got sorted out later in the day but I was a mess all morning until then. All is good now though :)

      They gave me eye drops for my eye but they haven't made much of a difference yet. I am going to just call my eye doctor today!

      Delete

  2. Those logistics can be so stressful- but I’m so glad you got your contract & it’s all worked out! Ohhh I bet those invitations look so pretty!! Ah, so sweet going back to where John purposed <3 Those swordfish look so yummy! I love how hearty swordfish are- how do you season them ? Thanks for sharing, Em! Oh, and hope those allergies are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so thrilled with how nice the invites turned out for us! I'll have to post a picture eventually :) The swordfish was so filling and yummy! John used butter and I think an Italian seasoning and grilled them in foil packs. Whatever he did, they were absolutely amazing!!

      I was able to put my contacts in this morning so I think we are moving in the right direction :)

      Delete