Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Five

Happy Friday! I'm excited that it's Friday for numerous reasons. 1. I have been feeling sick all week so the downtime is much needed. 2. We don't have any plans on the calendar so we are free to do whatever we want {read: REST!}. And 2. I get to share my Friday Five with you :) I hope everyone has a great weekend!


1. Early Morning Runs
Now that it is getting light out earlier, I have switched back to running before work like I did in the fall. I love getting up and out running before most people in our neighborhood. It makes for a much quieter run than when I run later in the day. I also have been enjoying getting home and ready early enough so I can get a few things done around the house before heading to work.


2. Protein Shakes
I always like to switch up my breakfast options and my newest fave is protein shakes! I've been trying different combinations each day. So far my favorite is chocolate protein powder mixed with water and then blended up with ice and frozen banana. Yummm! I'm looking for new recipes so if you have any, send them my way!


3. Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Energizing Body Wash & Bubble Bath
This was another couponing purchase awhile back that I just started using. The fact that it says its "energizing" made me a little nervous to use it when I showered before bed so I started using it the past few weeks when I showered before work. I'm not sure if it is the fact that I ran or if it really is energizing, but it does make me feel and smell good! I haven't tried it as a bubble bath yet but I will soon!


4. Me! by Taylor Swift
I know I am almost a month late to the party but I just have to talk about Taylor Swift's new-ish song. I'll admit, it's not one of my favorites and I think some of the lyrics are a bit interesting {the "spelling is fun" part makes me feel like I'm in a kids show} but I DO love the beat and the fact that it features Brendon Urie. I am hopeful that the rest of this album will be awesome with a lot of upbeat songs!


5. Bell Peppers
I love all veggies, but lately I've been craving peppers! I went to the store in the beginning of the week to stock up on some green peppers for snacks this week. Towards the end of the week I picked up some red peppers which are equally as delicious. They've been the perfect snack all week

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


5 comments:

  1. I love snacking on bell peppers! They're so good and fresh. Plus I love the crunch sound as weird as that may be.

    Also I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Me! Mackenzie and I were talking about how the spelling part completely ruined the song for us. It was good until that part!

    One thing I'm loving this week is my work friend. We always message each other but this week was nuts and we have been venting in our messages since we both get the stress. It's been the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crunch is exactly what I crave! It's a bit more satisfying than other veggies.

      I am so torn on the song! I've always been a Taylor fan since her early '07 days so I feel like I should love it but it's just a bit strange with the spelling part. I agree with you two that it definitely was great until that part! I am just hopeful the rest of the album is good!

      Work friends are the best! My one coworker is getting married this summer as well so we've been venting to each other a lot these past few weeks because we are pretty similar. It's nice to have someone who understands what exactly is bothering you, especially when it comes to work.

      Delete
    2. Mackenzie had a theory that for Reputation, she put out the worst song as the first single and the rest of the album was much better so maybe she's doing that again. Time will tell!

      Yes!! So important to have that. Our guys are great but they can't always understand workplace issues.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes totally free weekends are just my favorite!! Hope you are enjoying your time off & getting allll the rest! This motivates me to get up and run first thing- I always feel like my day starts off on the best foot when I get my runs in first thing too!

    Those protein shakes sound soo yummy. I don’t make protein shakes often because I loveee a protein bar- BUT I do love Shakeology’s powders- I put them in my oatmeal and on yogurt & such!

    I love how that shea fruit fusion doubles as a body wash & bubble bath!!! I actually always wondering if bath bubbles had cleansing properties, but I guess technically not since they made this specifically for that purpose! I have got to get some now!

    ^^I was just gonna say all this about Me!! I am sooo anxious to hear the rest of the album. I adored her last album- all except "Look what you made me do".. so I have High Hopes (yes, a Brendon Urie reference ;) ). We'll all have to chat when it's released!!

    Hmmm something I am lovin’ this week- well.. hmmm I have been so knee deep in the books that this past week was such a blur! We actually have gotten a lot of rain this week which I’m thankful for because it makes for great study weather! Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to have a major chat once Taylor's album comes out! I feel like it's going to be really good but I'm not entirely sure just yet.

      I hope your semester is off to a good start, Mackenzie!! :)

      Delete