Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday Five

After having a full 10 days off for spring break, this full week of work was rough! This Friday is much needed, although we have a super busy weekend ahead of us. My mom is the director of a Girl Scout Camporee which happens the first weekend in May each year. She puts a ton of work into it and it always ends up being a great weekend! I'll head down to camp {it's only a few towns over, so that's a win!} after work today and stay down there until Sunday. It'll be a nice, yet long weekend. I hope everyone has a good Friday :)


1. Protein Powder
I got a great deal on this protein powder a few weeks back and I finally got around to using it for more than just one protein shake. I added it to my overnight oats all this week and it surprised me how much more filling it made them. I really like the chocolate flavor because it doesn't taste fake or leave a weird after taste like some protein powders do. I'm sure there are better brands out there but for now I'll use this one until it runs out.


2. Skintimate Coconut Delight Shaving Gel
This was a spontaneous purchase a few weeks ago that I just started using and am already in love! I have an obsession with anything coconut scented so I had high hopes for this shaving gel. The coconut scent is strong without being overpowering. It's the little dose of summer I need in my day! I picked mine up at ShopRite but I'm sure you can find it anywhere that sells shaving gel.


This picture doesn't do the color justice!

I never thought I'd be raving about a make up product, let alone a pretty pricey one, but I am absolutely obsessed with Kylie's lip gloss in the Koko K shade! When I had my make up trial a few weeks back, I fell in love with the lip gloss she used on me the moment I saw it. Once I found out it was a Kylie gloss, I knew it was probably a little too pricey for me, someone who hardly wear make up. Since I couldn't stop thinking about it, I finally splurged and bought it last week. I've been wearing it every day since because it just adds a little pop of color to my face every day without being over the top.


4. The Gym
John and I were members of a gym up until this past November, and with the craziness of my marathon and the holidays, we never renewed the membership. A week or so ago, John initiated the topic of rejoining and I jumped on the chance. We've been enjoying together and John even signed up with a personal trainer! I love having something like this to do together.
I know I talk about Marine Layer a lot {or at least I feel like I do}, but they just released their Re-Spun line and it's awesome! They took all the tees that people donated and spun them into new clothes. They offer a few shirt options for men and women and they're all cute! If they're all as super-soft as the tank I just got from them, then they must be great!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. I love protein powder in my overnight oats. Oats itself is usually filling enough but sometimes that extra protein boost is just what you need! I almost bought the chocolate flavor in the brand I like but I'm too nervous it'll have a weird after taste for some reason.

    One thing I've been loving this week is 26.2 brew. I've had at least one every day haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some chocolate protein powders can have a weird after taste but I haven't found that with this brand yet. I've only made one shake with it so far and I kinda messed it up so I can't vouch for that taste yet lol.

      The 26.2 brew is perfect for you post-marathon! Treat yo self! :)

      Delete
    2. I think protein powders in general leave a weird taste not the flavors. It's the best when you find a flavor you like from a brand that doesn't taste weird.

      Did you find the beer near you? It's so light and refreshing!

      Delete
  2. The first week back is always the hardest- hopefully this week is off to a better start :) Can’t wait to hear how the Camporee went! That is so awesome your mom is the director. Putting protein powder into overnight oats is such a good idea.

    Anything coconut- yes please! I bet that smells incredible! Skintimate has some of the best shaving cream. I really should invest in some haha.

    So good to know that Kylie’s gloss is actually good quality! You never know with the “hype” around something- but having that go-to/daily lip tint is always fun!

    Ah that’s really fun you & John are tackling the gym together!!

    I am soo excited about Marine Layer Re-Spun line too!! (thanks to you!!).. such a stinking cool idea & initiative. I can’t wait to use our credit to buy something! Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Camporee went great! It was a fun, yet exhausting weekend. I was shocked at how nice Kylie's gloss is! It was definitely worth the purchase. I used my credit to buy a workout tank and I love it! It's so soft and comfortable. It'll be perfect for the summer heat :)

      Delete