Monday, January 6, 2020

Coastal Delaware Marathon Training Week 3


Happy Monday! It’s hard to believe New Year’s was just. Few days ago. With my free time this past week, I was able to squeeze in a good amount of runs. On Sunday I finally got a new pair of shoes so of course I had to try them out :)

It’s so dark here in the morning and I feel like I’m not as much of the morning person as I usually am. I hope you all have a great day!


Monday: REST

Tuesday: {New Year’s Eve} 3 miles




Wednesday: {New Year’s Day} 3 miles

Thursday: Speed Work- 2 miles

Friday: REST



Saturday: 8 miles



Sunday: 2 miles
I bought a new pair of Brooks Ghosts and just needed to take them for a quick spin!

Weekly Total: 18 miles


Question of the Day: How do you make yourself a morning person on these super dark mornings?

4 comments:

  1. The one bonus to consistently running in the morning and a 4 am alarm is that it's always dark regardless of the time of year. On days motivation is lacking, I just remind myself it's better to get up and workout than have it hang over my head the entire day since then I tend to be in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! It blows my mind that all during the summer I can get up early to run while it's dark, before it gets hot, but the winter is just so hard for me. Eventually I'll get into the routine! I just ordered one of those Nox Gear light up vests for running in the dark. Maybe that will be good motivation?

      Delete
    2. That could help with motivation since it's similar to new workout clothes. I keep seeing ads for that and I wish I knew it existed last year! I just used my phone's flashlight and a headlamp lol. It was not very high tech but it kept me safe so whatever works.

      Delete
    3. I usually just use a headlamp and try to wear something bright but I'm excited for this! I'm not worried about cars not seeing me that early since I run on sidewalks in my development but I want people out walking their dogs to see me so we don't scare each other like usual haha.

      Delete