Monday, January 20, 2020

Coastal Delaware Marathon Training Week 5


I finally got a strength training workout in! I was sick for most of this week so the fact that I got any type of work out in is a miracle. Although I felt crappy going into my runs in the beginning of the week, I ended up feeling great during them. I’m working hard at pushing myself {as long as I am not too sick!} and getting my workouts done. Week 5 is done and we are now less than 3 months out from the marathon!

Monday: REST

A night run while it was slightly misting out. 

Tuesday: 4 miles


Wednesday: Strength Training

I was busy right after work so a 7:30 PM run it was!

Thursday: 3 miles

Friday: REST


Saturday: REST



Sunday: 11 miles

Weekly Total: 18 miles


Question of the Day: What do you typically do about your workouts when you’re sick? Sit them out or push yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Workouts are tough when sick. It depends on how I feel. If I'm super fatigued then I sleep and rest but if it's just a runny nose or something small like that then I run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! I feel like a nice run can help with congestion but if I am overall feeling crappy, rest is the way to go.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I figure if I'm going to be congested regardless why not get some fresh air. It's better than just vegging on the couch for a few days straight in my opinion.

      Delete