Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! With a 3-day weekend ahead of me, I am so happy it's Friday! This week wasn't too bad as I took a sick day on Wednesday which broke up the week. I just needed a day to kick the last of the cold that was lingering. It really did help!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me! Tonight I am going to a Board & Brush night with my mom and sister for a girls night. Tomorrow we have plans with John's college friends but with snow on the radar, I am unsure what the back up plan is. Sunday is my father-in-law's birthday so we will be celebrating that. Busy busy! Good stuff, though! Before I sign off and start my crazy weekend, I'm sharing some things I've been loving lately.



Reading at Night
As you might've read in Wednesday's blog post, I have a goal for 2020 to read 12 books this year. With my job, I don't really have time to read during the day and then I'm usually getting things done around the house or running once I get home. I've been making it a habit to read right before I fall asleep at night. It is so enjoyable and keeps me from mindlessly scrolling through my phone. My only complaint is that sometimes I get so into my book that I stay up late reading.


Untapped Chai Waffles
I'm a sucker for anything chai flavored so when I saw these chai waffles at my running store a few weeks back, I knew I HAD to buy some. The flavor is phenomenal! It's the perfect amount of spicy and sweet. I'm not 100% when a waffle should be consumed when it comes to running, but I've just been eating half of one after a run to hold me over until my next meal.


@2020TrashtheTrash on Instagram
A runner {@fueledbylolz} I follow on Instagram recently started a new Instagram account to follow her 2020 NY resolution of getting rid of something each day that doesn't serve in a positive manner. If you haven't noticed I love anything to do with decluttering and cleaning so this really struck my interest. Each day Hollie shares what part of her life she has cleared out and items she has gotten rid of. So far she has purged a variety of areas in her life from her social media to shelves in her garage. Seeing her posts each day motivate me to go home and clear out different parts of my house.


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


4 comments:

  1. Those waffles look so good but I can't buy one because I have a feeling I'd be hooked and that would be bad lol. But they look so good!

    I love reading at night. I try to read in bed every night, even if it's just a few pages. It feels good to go to bed after looking at a book instead of my phone.

    This week I'm loving some Old Navy activewear leggings my sister got me. They're SO comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on the waffles! I ended up back in the area of my running store over the weekend and walked out with 5 more.. oops! I'm really trying to make them after run treats only lol.

      My friend was literally just raving to me about her Old Navy workout pants and told me I needed to try them. I guess I'll be making a trip to Old Navy in the near future! I don't think I own any activewear from them.

      Delete
    2. That would happen to me except they wouldn't make it to runs lol.

      This is the first time I've owned their activewear and the pants are great! I haven't run in them yet but love them for solidcore.

      Delete
    3. I'm sure if they stay put for solidcore then they'd work well for a run!

      Delete