Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Favorites

Is it me or was this first full week back at work the longest week EVER? I am so happy it's Friday because this teacher is beat! We have a couple plans on the agenda for this weekend. Tonight we are going to the gym together, tomorrow morning I am going with a friend while she tries on her wedding dress, and then Sunday we are spending time with my brother as his leave is ending very soon. Somewhere in there will also be a long run. It should be a good weekend! I hope everyone has a fun weekend :)




I'm a big fan of cauliflower based food so I was excited to see these on sale last week at Shoprite. After scanning the barcode with my WW app, I saw they were only 3 points for 41 crackers, so awesome! When I first opened them, I legit laughed out loud. No wonder you got so many for so little points, the crackers are like miniature Cheez-it sized! Regardless of the size, they are tasty! I bought the sea salt flavor but they almost have a hint of garlic flavor to them. Their website shows that they have nacho and cheddar cheese flavors as well so I might be picking them up on my next grocery trip!


Over the past couple of months I have been obsessed with this cool machine in my local Walmart called a "Freeosk." They name pretty much describes it because it is a kiosk that gives out free samples! The one I go to is about the size of a small vending machine and has a huge screen with an opening at the bottom where the sample is dispensed. The Walmart I go to frequently has one on an endcap and all you have to do is scan a QR code on the screen using the Walmart app, watch a short {usually between 10-15 seconds} commercial on the product, and then the sample is dispensed. I've gotten some pretty interesting samples ranging from mini bottles of Tabasco sauce to sample packs of Cottonelle wipes. I'm a huge sucker for free samples and anything small/travel sized so this is totally up my alley! If you go to their website, which I've linked above, you can search to see if there are any in your area. After looking in my area, it seems like they are primarily in Walmarts and Sam's Clubs and we only have a few within driving distance.



Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
This was my first book of 2020 and what a perfect book to start a new year! Outer Order, Inner Calm is another wonderful book by Gretchen Rubin {one of my FAVORITE authors!} that is more of a guide than a novel. Gretchen shares all the tips and tricks for creating outer order in your life to help create an inner calm within yourself. I am all about that decluttering life, especially during this time of the year, so this was a great read for me. I like how it's broken up into small little tidbits within sections so I could read it in spurts without worrying where I left off. I also love how it focuses on all the different aspects of outer order, not just decluttering your house. I highly recommend this {and any other Gretchen Rubin book} to anyone who needs a little motivation to bring some order to their life. Each time I read a part of this it made me jump up and organize something in my house, just sayin' ;)


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


4 comments:

  1. The Freeosk is a great idea! Can you pick the type of product you get or is it just kind of random? I don't shop at Walmart a ton since there isn't one near us but it's a cool concept.

    I started the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin which was good but I didn't finish it by the time the online rental was due. The book you shared sounds interesting.

    This week I've been obsessed with two different books! My mom gave me a bunch when I was there for Christmas and I'm already on book 5 of the 6 she sent me home with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It changes every so often to a new featured item. I don't go every week so I'm not sure how often it changes but it's always different when I go.

      I love all her books but I'll admit that I have skimmed parts of some of them. They can get a bit technical sometimes lol. But I read this book cover to cover! It was broken up nicely.

      You are on a roll with reading! It's always nice to get books from other people. I'm trying to read all the books throughout my house before I go buy any more. We'll see how long that lasts ;)

      Delete
    2. That's fun though since it's a great way to try new products or get things to keep at your desk or in your car.

      I think that's why The Happiness Project didn't immediately pull me in. Some people swear by it so to each their own.

      I don't typically buy books so it's nice that my mom, grandma, aunts and I will rotate them. Usually someone will go to a used book sale and buy a giant bag and we'll all dig into it.

      Delete
    3. Exactly!

      I'm a sucker for buying books at thrift stores. My mom and I occasionally share books but she takes longer to read so it takes awhile before we switch lol.

      Delete