Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Cheers to 8 Years!

This past Sunday John and I celebrated our 8 year dating anniversary! It's hard to believe we have been together that long but then it also feels like it's been much longer. For today's post, I'm going to share 8 photos and the memories that go along with them in honor of 8 years together.


We went to prom together senior year (May 2011) and took this photo together at the venue. In 198 days (a little after 9 years since this photo was taken), we will be standing in the same exact spot as we say "I do."


For John's 19th birthday in August of 2011, we went crabbing down in Ocean City, New Jersey. While crabbing, we experienced our first earthquake! It was such a strange experience.


In December of 2013 we took our first official trip as a couple in New York City. We planned this trip as a way to celebrate both of us finally being 21, Christmas, and our anniversary.


John surprised me with Taylor Swift concert tickets for my 20th birthday. We attended the Red Tour that following summer. It was amazing! I even convinced John to make and wear matching shirts with me.


In August 2015 I took my first trip out of the country with John and his family. We went to Riviera Maya, Mexico. On our last morning there, we woke up before sunrise to go watch it on the beach. While down there, we witnessed baby sea turtles going from their nest out to sea!


In December of 2016, we added a new member to our little family when we adopted Dexter. It was the best decision we ever made and we love having him!


During my 4 years at Millersville, John would come visit and we would go to the pond on campus (my favorite spot!) and feed the ducks. Knowing this was something I loved to do, John tied this in with his marriage proposal the day before I graduated from Millersville.


After months of looking, we finally found our dream home! Our settlement date was such an amazing day and also a huge step in our relationship.

6 comments:

  1. That's so cool you're getting married at the same venue your prom was at! You should get a side by side picture frame with the prom picture and the wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't even go into picking the venue with the mindset that we wanted it to be there! It just worked out that it was our favorite venue which of course made it so much cuter haha. I was thinking the same thing with the frame! I wish the original picture was better but unfortunately at the time camera phones were not the best. It was super dark until I used some editing features on my phone lol.

      Delete
    2. That's so cute though! I bet you could get it to look a little better with one of the photoeditting apps available now.

      Delete
    3. That's a good idea! I'll have to look into something like that!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and John!! Wow- 8 years! That’s just amazing. I love love loved seeing these throwbacks. Thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had so much fun digging back into old pictures and looking back at how little we looked!

      Delete