Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday Five: Christmas Gift Edition

Happy First Friday of 2019! I am really looking forward to this new year and all the exciting adventures that are ahead of me! These past two weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement with both Christmas and New Year celebrations. I truly enjoyed the time I had off work and it was rough getting back into a routine for just three days this week. In a way, I'm happy to be back in a routine, though! To go along with routines, I'm back on track with posting my weekly Friday  Five. This Friday I am sharing with you 5 of my favorite Christmas gifts I received this year. I know Christmas is not just about presents, but I really do enjoy giving gifts to those I love as well as seeing what gifts they've chosen for me. I received some great stuff but today I am just sharing with you my top 5 :)



1. Amethyst Necklace
This was a gift from John that he picked out entirely on his own! I had given him my wish list so I wasn't really expecting anything besides some of those items so I was really surprised when I opened up this necklace. It goes perfectly with my amethyst engagement ring and amethyst earrings that match my ring. John always has good taste!


2. Hydro Flask Water Bottle
You all know my love of hydration so this gift was a major win for me! I had been eyeing up Hydro Flask bottles for awhile now because of both their durability and ability to keep water extra cold all day. I don't typically drink ice cold water, but the fact that this bottle keeps my water the same temperature all day makes me happy. I'm also happy it holds 32 ounces which not only keeps me from constantly refilling, but also makes tracking my daily water intake a bit easier.


3. Run856 North Face Running Jacket
On one of my many trips to my local running store back in the Fall, I found this beauty! Ever since then, I have been checking it out each time, but told myself that I didn't need it. I'm so glad my in-laws decided to get it for me because it is literally the best running jacket! It's a lightweight material that is perfect for layering and from what I can from the few runs I wore it on, it's pretty wind resistant. I also love representing my local running group :)


4. New House Ornaments
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is receiving ornaments from my family. Each year my mom gives me an ornament that represents something that happened in my life that year. This year, we were spoiled with a new home ornament from my parents, in-laws, nephew, AND one of my best friends. Each and every one was different and I just thought that was so impressive considering 3 out of 4 4 totally came from the same ornament store at our local mall.


5. Candle Wick Cutters
This sounds super lame, but I actually had these on my wish list! I love love LOVE burning candles around my house and was getting sick of using regular scissors to try and cut the wick of candles that were already low in their jar. My mom always had a pair that I could remember while growing up so I just knew I needed a pair, too. I don't think John realized how much I had wanted them until I opened them and got {a little too} excited!

Question of the Day: What was something you loved receiving as a gift either this Christmas or any Christmas in the past>

2 comments:

  1. I love the amethyst necklace! I have one similar & it's one of my favorites! I have heard great things about the Hydroflask bottles too! Love all these items. Thanks for sharing :) Hope you are having a great weekend, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the Hydro Flask is great! I did have a wonderful weekend and I hope you did, too, Mackenzie!

      Delete