Monday, January 14, 2019

My Week in Pictures V

Happy Monday! This weekend definitely flew by for me and I could use another day added on to it, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. This past week was a good mix of busy and relaxing. I'm hoping it's the same for me this week! Continue on to see what adventures I was up to last week!


I got an amazing deal on blueberries over the weekend so I enjoyed them with my lunches all week.


I went back to the grocery store on Tuesday and stocked up on more blueberries! I froze a lot to use for smoothies later.


I got some quiet time on Thursday to read before John's parents came over for dinner. I'm currently reading That's Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger. It follows the story of a high school student who survived a school shooting who is trying to share the truth of what really happened and not what people are assuming happened. So far so good!


I received my first Nuun order as an ambassador! So far I tried the cherry limeade and it's good.


Friday was jeans day at work and I finally got to fit in with a school shirt I got from our spirit wear sale a few weeks back!


 I have a weird schedule on Friday's which means I eat lunch alone. I can't complain though because I get the chance to read during lunch.



 My grandparents came over on Friday to eat dinner with John, my brother, and I. They brought us sandwiches from a pizza place near them!


Later on Friday evening, Dale, John, and I were watching Nailed It! which had us craving sweets...
so we went on an adventure to this pretty cool diner...


We found the most YUMMY cake there! Such a good decision! This chocolate fudge cake was so fudgey- exactly what I was craving. It was a lot though so I took most of it home to snack on later.


Saturday night was a thank you/retirement party for my mom and a few other scout leaders who will soon we leaving the troop as all their boys have aged out. It was a good time and I enjoyed seeing some people I don't see often.


Later that evening I enjoyed relaxing in bed and reading my new magazine- something I don't do often!


We woke up to a beautiful snowy morning on Sunday which meant I just HAD to get out there and run!


Something I saw on my run in one of the courts in my neighborhood... #dedication.


I stopped at 3 miles so I could get back home and get ready. My friend was up from Delaware so we went to get her bridesmaids dress and also grabbed some lunch. It was such a fun afternoon catching up and seeing the gorgeous dress on her!


I used some of my Christmas money to buy new running shoes. They're the new Brooks Ghost 11 and I am dying to try them out because they felt so amazing when I tried them on!


John and I ended the week with a spontaneous date night to a local diner. I decided to try out their "tex mex platter" and I was NOT disappointed! It was like a taco salad/taco bowl all in one! It was huge, though, so it will also be my lunch today and tomorrow!


Question of the Day: What was something fun you did this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Totally adding that book to my Goodreads list! Reading during lunch is my favorite thing when I stay in the office!! It's a true break from the day.

    If I'm correct on the flavor of Nuun farthest right in the picture, it's watermelon and delicious! It was an impulse buy and so tasty. That cake and tex mex platter look amazing omg yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's young adult so it's been a quick read for me so far! I probably could finish it in one sitting if I've had more time! I love eating lunch with my work friends but some days I just like to be alone and rest.

      It is watermelon! I'm usually hesitant on watermelon flavored things but everyone kept raving about it so now I'm excited to try it out! I had some good eats this weekend and luckily there are some leftovers to drag the yumminess out this week lol.

      Delete
    2. I love young adult books haha. The stories can be just as good as in an adult book!

      I hope you like the watermelon nuun! Leftovers are my favorite and we're having some for dinner tonight - gotta love easy meals!

      Delete
  2. Girl, I could comment on so much, but I can't get over that cake! DANG, that looks guuuuuud!!!! yummm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL, I am STILL dreaming about this cake! I tried to drag it out by only eating a little bit at a time once I brought it home but then eventually had to finish it so it wouldn't go bad. It's taking everything in me not to go back to that diner, hahaha. And it's soo close to my house!

      Delete