Monday, January 28, 2019

My Week in Pictures VII

Is the weekend seriously over already?! Looking back at last week, I was pretty busy each day. John and I actually realized we didn't eat dinner at home any night this past week because of prior dinner commitments! Talk about crazy. As I sit here to post my week in pictures, I realized I didn't really take many photos so enjoy what I did document :)


I had off Monday, which was the perfect reason to go on a nice run, but the weather convinced me otherwise...


Tuesday was a much better day for a run but Nuun Energy was a must considering I was exhausted after adjusting to work post-three day weekend.


Dexter was up for many snuggles this week since he isn't a big fan of being cold!


Thursday was such a rainy day but for once it wasn't freezing outside! I ended up going grocery shopping with my mom and sister after work.


My student, who is clearly not an adult, brought in this mug on Friday and it made my day because I was feeling the exact same way!


Friday lunches are my favorite because I can read while I eat!


Friday after work I drove up to Millersville to visit one of my best friends! I was having so much fun that I didn't take many pictures. On Friday we went to dinner at Core Life {the most delicious healthy eatery!}, went to the local mall where we spent a majority of our time in Lush, had some tasty ice cream, watched a movie, and caught up on life!


After a relaxing morning full of tea and banana pancakes on Saturday, we went for a run! One of our favorite things to do together :)


By time I got home Saturday night, John and I were in no mood to cook, so we used some gift cards and went to get sushi. The rolls on the left were absolutely amazing! I enjoyed the rolls on the right, as well, but they weren't the same as the others.


On Sunday we went over to John's parents for a birthday dinner for John's mom. They made crab cakes, shrimp, scallops, corn, grilled pineapple, and more! It was simply delicious!


After dinner we played Ticket to Ride since we got it for his mom for her birthday. It was such a nice night :)


Question of the Day: What is something fun you did this past week?

4 comments:

  1. Did you see the lows for Thursday and Friday morning this week?! It's going to be in the single digits so I may be moving some runs around...

    We got sushi on Saturday too!! Mostly because I looked at the soup recipe and realized it would take longer than I thought. So we thought ahead and pushed the soup back until Sunday to avoid and hangry people (aka me ;)

    What did you think of Ticket to Ride? I almost bought it for Alex and I but wasn't sure if it would be good for 2 people or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and I'm so annoyed because I thought I had a nice schedule planned out for this week and weekend but I may freeze my butt off! I'll be moving my runs around, as well!

      Dinner twins! Haha it seems like we do the same things a lot. We chose sushi to avoid hangriness, too, since we both hadn't eaten since lunch and it was already after 7.

      I really do love Ticket to Ride! John actually got it a few years ago for Christmas and we love playing it. His mom always asks us to bring it over so we figured we'd just get her her own. I've never played with two people but we actually were talking about that last night and we all agreed it could definitely be fun with just two people. It's a bit pricey for a board game so if you know anyone who has it maybe you could try it out first!

      Delete
    2. If it's going to be that cold it may as well snow too. At least give me something pretty to look at while I'm stuck inside!

      We chose sushi since it fills you up without feeling gross and heavy like other takeout can. Love it!

      I've hesitated buying it since it's kind of expensive for a game! I'm glad you give it a good review and I'll have to keep an eye out for when it goes on sale.

      Delete
    3. Snow would definitely make the cold days better! I don't see any snow on the radar for the next week or so but maybe it'll change like it sometimes does :)

      The other versions of Ticket to Ride are cool, too. My mother in law said she has found them cheaper so maybe you could try one of those! They are just different countries/maps and the rules alter just a bit.

      Delete