Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Is it me or did this week feel like it lasted 30 days?!? The days just seemed to drag on and I kept thinking the next day was Friday starting as early as Tuesday... Thankfully it’s FINALLY Friday which means we just have to get through one more work day before it’s the weekend! My weekend will be partially busy and partially relaxing. Tomorrow afternoon I have a party and then Sunday one of my best friends and future bridesmaids is coming to visit  so we can go get her dress (yay!). I haven’t seen her in awhile so I am excited! Read on to see what I’ve been loving this past week!


1. Being a Nuun Ambassador!
Last week I got awesome news that I am a Nuun Ambassador for 2019! This is my first ambassadorship and I am so excited for this opportunity. I'm still learning what this title entails, but so far I know that I'll have to opportunity to share the importance of hydration with others which is a big passion of mine. I know hearing that hydration is something I'm passionate about, but it's the truth. I 100% believe that staying hydrated can solve a lot of problems for people and it's so dang easy! I'm sure I'll be sharing more about my ambassadorship soon, as the information becomes available. For now, I'm just enjoying getting to know the other ambassadors through social media.


2. The Ranch
John and I were done all the shows we've been binge watching on Netflix lately so we went searching for a new one. My parents had told us about The Ranch so we figured we'd give it a shot! I'll have to be honest, it took me a few episodes to really get into it but that isn't uncommon for me. The show revolves around a dad and his sons who run a ranch, and all the drama within all three of their lives. It's a pretty funny show with some emotional moments so it's really a show for everyone. And I'm not gonna lie, some of these episodes had me more emotional than when I watch This Is Us... There are currently 6 seasons (or parts, as they refer them to) and we finished all 6 parts as of Sunday night! Each part has about 10 episodes and the episodes are only about 30 minutes, so it wasn't hard to binge watch.

3. Soup
This has probably been something I loved in the past but it's still stands true! The cold, rainy weather has made me want soup for lunch each day this week and I'm not complaining about that! A few weeks ago, I had stocked up on Progresso soup and that has been my go to all week. I also had some of my grandmom's homemade veggie soup one of the days since she sent me home with a container of it on Monday. Something about cold, rainy weather just has me craving warm soup!



4. #31HealthyHabits Challenge
Back before the end of December, Gazelle Sports shared on their Instagram a challenge for people to participate in during the month of January. Each day presented you with a task that worked towards building healthy habits within your life. I like this challenge because the tasks aren't all fitness related. They also focus on mental habits and self-care, which is something I definitely wanted to work on. You can still join in on the challenge! Read their blog post here for more information and a copy of the calendar!



5. Blueberries
My go to fruits this time of year seem to be apples and bananas because berries are hard to find for a decent price. I was thrilled when I saw blueberries for $2 a pint at my local grocery store this past weekend and stocked up on a few! They have been such a nice treat all week. I'm not gonna lie when I say they make me think it's summer... until I look outside...

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats again on being chosen as a Nuun ambassador!

    I've seen The Ranch pop up on Netflix a few times but was never sure about it. Maybe I'll suggest it to Alex when we finish Jack Ryan. If you have Amazon Prime I recommend checking that out!

    One thing I've been loving this week is my planner. It has a spot for dinner and to do list so it's making everything look so neat and organized which makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've always wanted to be an ambassador for something so I'm glad I finally am and it's something I love!

      Definitely put The Ranch on your list of shows to watch eventually. We do have Prime so I'm going to look up Jack Ryan. We just started Safe on Netflix so I think that is our newest binge haha.

      I LOVE planners and yours sounds like the dream planner! I went cheap on my planner this year, thinking it wouldn't be bad, and I'm missing a more organized planner. Have you ever looked at Erin Condren ones? They're so nice but pricey! I want to look into a Simplified Planner for next year!

      Delete
    2. I've never heard of Safe! I'll have to add it to my list too lol.

      I've gone cheaper before and ended up making it work for me. As long as there's room you can totally make the planner work for you in my experience! I've seen Erin Condren planners but I personally can't justify spending that much on one. This one is perfect without being way too much.

      Delete
    3. It's good so far but we're only on the third episode haha. The one I have now is a teacher planner but it's hard to make it my "life planner" at the same time. I'll have to do some research to see what would be a good one for both because I don't want to carry around two planners lol.

      Delete
  2. Love Nuun products! How awesome you are an ambassador! Blueberries are soo gooood. I haven't heard of The Ranch, but I'll need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great brand/product! The Ranch is definitely a show to try out. It took me a couple episodes to get into it but I'm glad I kept watching long enough to start liking it!

      Delete