Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My Favorite Winter Gear

With winter in full swing around here, I figured it was about time I shared with everyone my favorite winter weather gear! Does anyone else feel like it takes twice as long to get ready for a run in the winter because you're literally just piling on layers?! Sometimes I'm worn out before even leaving my house, haha. Layering is definitely the best option when it comes to running in the cold because you can slowly peel off each layer as you warm up!

 There are so many different brands and options out there, so feel free to just use this as a guide for finding what is right for you.


I prefer ear bands over beanies because I don't always keep it on throughout the whole duration of my run. An ear band fits easily into my Flipbelt or a pocket in my hydration vest. This is just a personal preference. I like this specific one because it's not too thick and the material does not let any wind pass through to your ears like knit ones sometimes do. There is also a ponytail hole in the back, which is super convenient! The one I have is branded with my running group, but they sell the same exact one plain on the North Face website!


Brooks Running Vest 
Vests are the perfect winter weather clothing option, especially for layering. I never thought a vest would keep me warm but it really does! I've always been told that once your core is warm, the rest of you can warm up, and I do believe it. Some days I'll just wear a running vest over a long sleeve shirt and it's warm enough without feeling too bulky. I can't find the specific vest I own but here is one similar. I like that the vest is thin so even when layering, you don't feel bulky either.

Saucony Gloves 
My hands are always freezing so gloves are a must for me! Regular knit gloves don't cut it for me so I opt for a tech material pair of gloves that keep my hands warm and wicks away any moisture once my hands warm up. The specific pair I own even has magnets in the wrist so that you can clip them together when storing to prevent separation! I can’t find the pair I have online, probably because they’re old, but here is a pair that looks close to them.


Fleece-Lined Leggings
I've raved about fleece-lined leggings before and I'll do it again! Any type of running tights are great to keep your legs warm and block the wind during a run, but fleece-lined tights just bring it to a whole new level! Personally, I've learned to not wear them until it's really cold or else my legs get super hot. They're that warm! I have both an Asics and Fila Sports pair and both are great! These are definitely something you pick out based on your personal preference.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite winter weather gear?


5 comments:

  1. I still need to look into fleece lined leggings!

    My current favorite piece of winter gear is a vest I bought at Costco! It's the brand 32 degrees I think and while it's not specifically for running, I decided to try it out one day. Holy moly that thing kept me warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleece lined leggings are the best! It's amazing how warm a vest can keep you. It's become a staple for me in my running wardrobe once it starts getting colder out!

      Delete
    2. The vest is so surprising with how warm it keeps you!

      Delete
  2. I am so excited about this post!!! So many good things! I have always been hesitant about getting a vest because I too thought that it wouldn't be warm enough. Good to know it actually works !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful!! Vests are seriously the warmest thing ever and I never would've thought that until I bought one! The one I have is actually kind of thin, too, which is crazy!

      Delete