Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Friday! Even a 4 day week seems long at this point so this weekend is much needed. All that stands between me and a weekend trip up to my old college to spend time with one of my best friends is one more work day. I’m hoping it speeds by so I can get this weekend going! Enjoy your Friday and weekend!

1. Air Fryer
My grandparents gifted John and I with an air fryer for Christmas and we are loving it so far! We were already pretty familiar with them since my mom has one so we were excited to have our own. Our favorite thing we've air fried up until now is breaded chicken tenders! We simply cut up chicken breast into smaller pieces, dipped them in flour, egg, and then a bread crumb mixture John made with some seasons, and then threw them in the air fryer. The whole process takes less than 20 minutes, depending on how many chicken tenders you want to make and they are super yummy! They've become a reoccurring dinner for us each week!


2. Gold Bond Overnight Lotion
I feel like I'm constantly sharing new lotions I'm loving but that is only because I'm always on the lookout for a new lotion that just might work a little better than the last. This lotion came into my life thanks to Influenster and I'm hooked! It's an overnight lotion you put on before bed and it's supposed to soak in and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth into the next day. I was a bit hesitant at first but let me tell you, so far it's great. I love the think, yet not greasy consistency. It also has a nice, soothing scent, similar to the Bath & Body Works Sleep Aromatherapy Lotion. I received it free through Influenster for reviewing purposes but I plan on purchasing once I finish this tube!


3. Nuun Sport
About a week ago, Nuun announced that Nuun Electrolytes would now be called Nuun Sport. Personally, I like the new name and the design of the tube. Supposedly the formula has changed as well, but I don't have a new and old tube of any flavors so I can't compare just yet.


4. Nuun Sport + Caffeine- Fresh Lime Flavor
Yes, another Nuun related item but this is a specific flavor! I tried the Nuun Sport with Caffeine in the Fresh Lime flavor and I was blown away with how tasty it is! Let's be honest, all Nuun flavors are pretty dang good, but this one has quickly become my favorite. It has a light, fresh taste that makes me feel like I should be drinking a margarita, haha.

5. Running with a Hoodie
Up until a few weeks ago, you could find me decked out in tech gear for any of my runs, both hot and cold. I guess I thought if the clothing is made out of sweat-wicking material, I'd feel great? No clue, but with how cold it has been lately, I've been resorting to layering up with tech gear but then putting on a big hoodie over all my layers. I find that the hoodie holds in all the heat, keeping me warmer during my run. I've actually overheated on a few (not many because it's so dang cold) of my runs. At this point I'll wear anything to stay warm!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. I saw the new look for Nuun but didn't realize the formula changed. Really hoping it's a good change and not a bad one!!

    I run in a big sweatshirt all the time. This is probably bad but some days I put a cotton long sleeve shirt on as well. Whatever keeps us warm on those freezing runs right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm not really sure what they changed but I guess I'll see next time I buy some!

      At this point I'll do anything to stay warm! I've always heard wearing cotton when it's hot isn't a good idea cause it doesn't wick the sweat so then maybe that means it keeps us warm in the winter? I'm not sure but I'll let myself think that in hopes I'll feel warmer haha.

      Delete
    2. I mean that makes sense that if it's bad for heat then it's good for cold. If it works it works though!

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear you are loving the air fryer!! I have wondered how those actually work. After I get used to my instapot that might be our next investment, haha. Love all your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An instapot is next on our wishlist! Are you loving it so far?!

      Delete