Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

For once, I’m not too excited it’s already Friday. I’ve had off all week so since it’s Friday, it means I only have a few days left before I have to go back to work. I’ve had a great week off, though, and it came at the perfect time being so close to the marathon. Just one more week to get through before I’m out cruising the streets of Philly for 26.2 miles! But before rushing into that, let’s get to the things I’ve been loving this past week. 


1. Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
I stumbled across this recipe awhile back but it wasn’t until this past week that I finally tried it out. It was super easy to make and has been the perfect breakfast to reheat throughout the week. I like to add milk and brown sugar to it once it’s warmed up!


2. Taste of Home Cookbook
One of John’s aunts gifted us this cookbook last year for Christmas and I have been eager to try one of the 1,314 recipes now that we have our own kitchen. John and I were both off Monday so we took advantage of the free time and chose a recipe from the book to try. We decided on Four-Cheese Baked Ziti and added some chicken to it. Luckily we only had to grab a couple ingredients from the store since we had almost everything. It was easy to make and tasted good! Now I can’t wait to try more!


3. Sarah Marie Design Studio Sweatshirt
With colder weather comes the need to bundle up and this sweatshirt is perfect for that! John gave me this sweatshirt for Christmas last year and I recently pulled it out to start wearing again now that it’s chilly. It’s the perfect sweatshirt to lounge around in and it may or may not have been a staple in my wardrobe this past week...


4. Sarah Marie Design Studio GIFs 
I could go on for days about the SMDS items I love by now I’m going to focus on something else related to them. Recently SMDS released GIFs you can use on Instagram stories and they are the cutest. Just go to the GIF section on Insta stories and type in SMDS for the full collection!

5. Wishlists
My birthday is a month from today which made me realize I should probably give John some ideas for a gift for me. Luckily, I always keep a list on my phone of wishlist items I’d like but don’t want to buy myself. This way, when John asks me what I want, I don’t have to sit and think for awhile because who can actually think of something they want when asked on the spot? I’m always adding and subtracting from my wishlist so that way it only consists of things I really do want. 

What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I keep a list of things I want but feel guilty about buying myself. It makes giving people gift ideas so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really comes in handy around the holidays or when I feel like I need to treat myself :) not that that happens often... haha.

      Delete