Sunday, November 11, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 17

W17D1: REST DAY

W17D2: REST DAY

W17D3: Easy Run

W17D4: REST DAY

W17D5Easy Run
My brother has been resting his ankle for awhile now so he used today to see how he felt with running. It didn’t go as well as we planned so the run was cut (very) short so he could get back and ice and rest. I wasn’t complaining since it was freezing and raining haha.

W17D6: REST DAY
Does walking ALL over Philly in heeled boots count as a workout?! Being in Philly really got me pumped for next weekend considering we were around most of the areas we will be running through!

W17D7: 8 mile long run

Total Weekly Mileage: 11.4 miles
Is week 17 of marathon training REALLY over?! I'm pretty sure this training cycle flew by for me and I'm not really sure how. This week wasn’t my best week of training but I’m pretty confident that my previous 16 weeks of training have properly prepared me for next weekend :) Tapering is tough for me because I feel like I should just sleep all the time. Or eat. Both are good for me!

4 comments:

  1. I have a goal of being in bed by 9 every night this week to get extra rest! Something tells me as race day gets closer, sleep will be harder to get due to nerves and excitement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The night before is definitely the toughest for me to get sleep! I know I should go to bed super early because of an early wake up call but I just lay in bed thinking about everything!

      Delete
    2. I know then night before will be awful for sleep! I've read a bunch of articles that say it's two nights before a race that really matter so hopefully we'll both get a lot of sleep Friday

      Delete
    3. As of now I have nothing Friday night and already planned to (attempt to) sleep in on Saturday! My friend will be coming sometime Saturday so I'll just get everything ready for her during the week :)

      Delete