Sunday, November 25, 2018

Running Interview

Happy Sunday! I know the past 18 Sunday's have been consistent with marathon training updates but now it's time to try something new! I'm brainstorming a couple ideas to have as a consistent Sunday post but for now it'll just be random. While trying to come up with some fun blog posts, I stumbled across this blog post that had running interview questions. I thought it would be fun to fill it out for myself and share it with you! The idea is to answer the questions and then add your own at the end (mine is #33!). If you decide to fill it out and put it on your blog, let me know so I can check it out!
1. Number of marathons you have run:As of a week ago, three!
2. Where was your first marathon?
Philadelphia in 2015.




3. Favorite Marathon course:I have only ran the Philadelphia Marathon each time I've ran one, but between the first two years they changed the course. In 2015, the half and full marathon took place the same day. When the runners got to the half way point, the marathon runners kept going but the half runners split from us and finished. In 2017 (and for now on), the half took place the day before. I personally liked the older course for two reasons. One, I felt pretty badass being one of the marathoners that got to keep going at the half way point. Two, if for any reason you felt unable to keep going after half way through, you could stop and technically still finish a race, medal and all!
4. Most memorable race:
Garden Spot Village Half Marathon. This race took place in April and it actually snowed the day of the race! It was the weirdest, yet coolest experience ever!


Can you see that snow?!
5. PRs? 
According to my watch stats except for the marathon PR because that was fresh enough in my mind (not all of these are from races but they still count in my opinion):

5k - 26:33
10k- 1:00:57
1/2 marathon- 2:14:16
Marathon- 5:02:51
6. Ever run in a costume?
I've done a St. Patrick's Day themed race a couple times and wore a tutu and a headband. Same idea for a couple Christmas themed races. I don't know if I'd be able to run in anything too bulky.
7. The only running shoes for me:
Brooks Ghost!! I've tried others, including Nike Pegasus and Asics Gel Cumulus, but always come back to Brooks. I also like the Brooks Launch but not for longer distances.
8. Ever injured?
Tendinitis in my ankle a month before my first marathon.
9. Hot or cold weather runner?
Cold because I tend to get really overheated in any temperature.
10. Morning or evening runs?
Morning. I like to get up and get it done because if I wait until later in the day then I'm usually really tired.


Early AM runs mean I get the roads to myself!
11. What is your motivation? Proving that I can push myself to reach my goals. Also, food... I have a major sweet tooth and running allows me to treat myself without any guilt.

12. Ever DNF?
No.
13. Race I'd like to forget:
Run the Bridge 10k. It was super windy which made running across the Ben Franklin bridge kind of scary. Also, by time we made it over the bridge and back we had already ran a 5k and then the last 5k was very boring scenery-wise. I think it would be better as a 5k.
14. Favorite post race nosh:
Hot chocolate or chocolate milk (depending on the weather), pizza, and soft pretzels.



15. Galloway or Higdon?
I've always used Higdon as a reference when creating my training schedules.
16. Flat course or hills: 
Flat course with a few small hills to spice it up.

17. Back, Middle, or Front of the pack?
Middle or back. If I'm ever in the back, I feel like I'm the only person running so I'm unsure how I got there.
18. Run alone or with a partner:
I typically run alone but I like running with people so we can talk and keep each other company. Typically if I'm running with people then I don't usually worry about my time because I just talk a lot...
19. Ever win your age group?
Not yet.
20. One part of your body that has never seen Body Glide:
I've never had to use it on my heels or anywhere on my feet because the socks I use (Experia Thorlo socks) are great and don't rub!
21. Best part of running:
The post-run high and the feeling of accomplishing things that most people wouldn't even consider trying.


I never thought I'd be saying I've ran a marathon, let alone THREE!
22. If I didn't run I_______________.
Probably would go crazy! Running gives me time to relax and have some "me" time.
23. I can't run without_________________.
Water. I seriously take my hydration pack with me on any run regardless of the distance. 
23. Ever lose a toenail?
Several.
24. Gatorade or Cytomax?
Gatorade.
25. Favorite gel flavor?
Gu S'mores or French Toast.
26. How many days after a marathon do you usually start running again?
I try to let myself rest and recover for a week or so but I always end up running on Thanksgiving (I love running on holidays!), which is always the Thursday after the Philly Marathon. I guess run isn't the right word for that. I waddle a couple miles on Thanksgiving if it is post-marathon. Other than that, I try to take it easy for a week or so before I get back into my normal routine.


That one time I ran a Turkey Trot just days after running my first marathon...
27. I run, therefore I ________________________.Love to eat and sleep the rest of the time.
28. Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of)
I make sure everything is set out the night before so that the morning of I can get ready quickly and eat my breakfast before heading to the race start.
29. What is your typical night before the big race meal?
Pasta.
30. Would you run a marathon again?
Yes!
31. What's the farthest you've ever run at one time?
Marathon plus a bit more because my watch hit 26.2 before I reached the finish line.
32. Tucked or untucked?
Untucked.
33. Bucket list race?I have many! Obviously Boston is one of them but I think the most do-able one that I am dying to do is Rock and Roll Las Vegas. Something about running on the strip at night just seems so incredibly awesome!
Question of the Day: What is your answer to one of the questions above? 

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I think my favorite post race treat is something salty after having gels (assuming it's long enough to need a gel). Running alone is usual for me although I do like races since I can motivate myself with other people around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running with or around other people definitely keeps me motivated! I'm hoping to join in on some group runs at my local running store throughout the winter to keep me motivated!

      Delete
    2. That's really smart! I'll have to check out the local stores as well

      Delete