Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Source: Facebook
This meme I found on Facebook literally sums up how this week went for me as a teacher! I am seriously SOO pumped it’s Friday because now I have NINE day break thanks to the NJ teachers convention. After not having any days off the past two months, this week off is much needed. Before that can happen though, I have to get through one more day of work! To help kick off the weekend, enjoy reading about what I’ve been loving this week!


1. Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal
One of my favorite bloggers, Maureen of Maureen Gets Real, recently shared this recipe and I just had to try it! My verdict? It was DELISH! I had a can of pumpkin in my cabinet that I've just been itching to use so this was the perfect opportunity. I had it on Saturday for lunch and then ate the leftovers on Sunday and they were just as yummy the next day!


2. Hot Chocolate with Frozen Cool Whip
Hot chocolate is by far my favorite drink when it's cold out. A little way I make it even more amazing is by adding frozen cool whip in place of marshmallows! Marshmallows tend to melt quickly, especially the teeny tiny ones, and don't add much to hot chocolate, in my opinion. When you add a dollop of frozen cool whip you not only add some yummy flavor, but it also cools down the hot chocolate quickly so that you can drink it sooner. Win-win if you ask me!


3. Baked Potato Soup
John has been bugging me to make him baked potato soup lately since it's his favorite and he wanted to take it to lunch. This past weekend we finally took the time to craft together a baked potato soup recipe he found online (I am not sure of the recipe link but honestly most looked the same to me when we were looking). It was pretty easy and only took a couple hours in the Crock pot. I'm not really a fan of potatoes and have been trying my best to avoid melted cheese, but holy moly was this stuff good! Like any soup, it's the perfect meal for a chilly day.

4. Christmas Shopping
To avoid crowds come early December, I've started ordering some Christmas presents already! I love to get things done in advance so I typically try to start Christmas shopping a few months ahead of time. This also gives me time to think about what I want to get people instead of just grabbing the first thing I see.


5. Mellowcreme Pumpkins
I am so proud of myself this year because I hardly consumed any candy this Halloween. We chose not to purchase any to hand out and all that was given to me is hidden on the top shelf of one of my kitchen cabinets. However, I did give in and purchase one bag of mallow creme pumpkins while at the grocery store on Monday. Candy corn and the pumpkins are something I really like but get sick of quickly so I usually just buy a small bag and make it last for awhile. I'll probably still be snacking on these come December considering how long it'll take me to eat them!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you liked the oatmeal!! I made it on a whim and it's a good one. I may have to make it again next week.

    Can I freely admit that I already finished my Christmas shopping last weekend when I should have been running 20 miles? Honestly though it's because I got a new credit card and if I spent X in the first 3 months then I get bonus points so I decided spending the money to get the points was worth it.

    Also SO jealous you get 9 days off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be my go-to breakfast for long runs. I'm seriously the worst at fueling before the actual run because I'm never usually hungry.

      I'm so jealous you're all done! I don't have many gifts to get so I'm not too worried but I want to be done. One of John's gifts came in yesterday and I was so happy! Now to just think of more ideas that aren't clothes... haha.

      I can hardly wait to just have 9 days of no work. I have a lot of things to get done but the fact that I don't have to think about school is going to be great!

      Delete
    2. I'm so boring and just have half a pb sandwich before long runs. It's the worst when you're not hungry but you have to eat ya know? Some days it means forcing it down.

      That's great! I'm glad it's done so that I can wrap my family's gifts when we are there for Thanksgiving. Now we just have a small pile of boxes in a corner of our apartment...I'm sure Alex loves that ;)

      Delete