Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thank You, Running

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with family, friends, and good food! Running has been a big part of my life for many years now, giving me many different reasons to be thankful for it. Seeing as today is Thanksgiving, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to thank running for those different reasons!

Thank you, running, for introducing me to many amazing people. The running community is unlike no other and through it I have met so many wonderful people, both in person and through blogging and Instagram.

Thank you, running, for giving me an escape. Without running, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I spend so much of my run thinking about everything under the sun. It's the best stress-reliever for me!

Thank you, running, for showing me that I can do anything. Most of my life was spent with me believing that I was in no way a runner. Running the mile in gym was a torture so why would I believe I could run more than that? Now I am a third-time marathoner who finds running fun (my younger self would be flabbergasted if they knew this!) because I started believing that I COULD do these things.

Thank you, running, for allowing me to have an extra treat here and there without any guilt. Yes, I am that person who justifies most of my food choices because I run but that's okay with me. Running has caused me to live a much healthier lifestyle than I did in the past and because of this, I can eat treats occasionally without feeling so bad. I am also thankful that because of running and my new healthier lifestyle, my favorite treats have become more on the healthy side.

Thank you, running, for giving me something different to do with my friends and family. Going on runs has become a way of hanging out with some people and I really love it! It's a way for us to spend time together while also doing something that is good for us.

Question of the Day: What would you thank running for?

No comments:

Post a Comment