Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

TGIF! Even with a sick day on Wednesday, this week has felt extremely long! Maybe because I had such a good long weekend I didn't even want to go back this past Monday? Who knows... but it's Friday now and I am thrilled! There isn't much on the agenda for this weekend, besides getting all the housework done that I've been putting off due to be sick. I'm sure fun plans will pop up, though! They usually do. Before I get on with my typical Friday routine, I'm sharing with you 5 things I've been loving this week (and maybe for a few weeks!).


1. Nailed It!
My brother and I stumbled across this show on Netflix a couple weeks ago and boy has it kept us entertained! The idea of the show is that 3 people who admit to being terrible bakers/cooks go on a baking show to see who can recreate meals or baked items the best. I just love that everyone is laughing the whole time and there is no real stress of being perfect. The episodes are short so you can probably binge watch this quickly!


2. Another Mother Runner Podcast
Leading up to the Philly Marathon, I was trying to find as many running related podcasts, blogs, and books to keep me in the right mindset. While doing this, I came across the podcast founded by Dimity and Sarah called Another Mother Runner. I know I'm not technically a mother (#catmom) but the podcasts are still super interesting to listen to and very informative. The episode that caught my attention was #337: Self-Defense Advice from 2X Assault Survivor Kelly Herron. Kelly recounts her two assaults and how she used the self-defense tips she previously learned. It's a must-listen for anyone who wants to learn some new ways to keep yourself safe while running!

The shirt I ordered for John!

3. Spectator Sports
I was introduced to this brand just a few days before the Philly Marathon expo while scrolling through Instagram. Spectator Sports is unlike many running brands because it caters to the counter part of races: our spectators! They have a good variety of shirts for our wonderful spectators with fun says such as "here to cheer," "first cheer then beer," and "hurry up we're missing brunch." I fell in love from the start and knew I HAD to get John a shirt. Unfortunately they didn't have the one I wanted at the expo so I ordered it off there website instead as a Christmas gift for him!

4. Vegetable Lasagna
Let me just start off by saying my mom is a literal godsend. John and I went away last weekend and realized while driving home on Sunday that we had nothing for lunches this week. Luckily, my mom had made two vegetable lasagna's on Saturday night knowing that there would be plenty of leftovers to send over our way. I came home to a huge container of vegetable lasagna, which is one of my favorite meals, in my fridge. I had forgotten how much I loved it until I had it for lunch on Monday (and again every other day..). The best part? It's a pre-made meal from Stouffer's that tastes just as good as homemade!


5. My Christmas Tree
As if our weekend wasn't busy enough, John and I decided to put up our Christmas tree Sunday night! We bought it while out Black Friday shopping and were eager to set it up in our new house. It fits perfect next to our steps in our front foyer and adds so much cheer to the house. What made everything better is that we played Christmas music and drank hot chocolate while we put it together and decorated it :)

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. The Christmas tree is so cute! Putting the tree up really puts me in the holiday spirit.

    Thanks for sharing that podcast! It's always good to get a reminder on self defense tips. I'll definitely give it a listen.

    This week I'm loving Queen music. We saw Bohemian Rhapsody in theaters over Thanksgiving weekend and now the music is stuck in my head. Highly recommend the movie - so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great podcast in general! I've actually been finding myself listening to it while driving and on my runs lately.

      We have so many gift cards to the movie theater and I keep saying we should go one night so I'll definitely suggest that movie!

      Delete
  2. Nailed It sounds like my type of show!! Gonna check it out as soon as I post this- thank you for the recommendation! And veggie lasagna- yummmm. My sister in law makes it for Christmas and it always is something I dream about afterward. Your tree is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your favorites :)

    - Mackenzie from mackmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the show! It's quite entertaining! Thank you so much :) I am loving having the tree up. It feels so merry now!

      Delete