Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Dear Running Journal,

Where do I even begin? You are such an important part of my life without even realizing it. I depend on you more than I should probably admit. Without you, how would I remember all my workouts? You remind me of the good and the bad, the fast and the slow, and the short and the far. Without you, I wouldn't remember the exact pace I had for that one awesome run. Without you, I wouldn't remember that one horrible run that I don't even know how I survived. Without you, I wouldn't only forget the numbers, but I would also forget how I felt and other factors related to those workouts. These memories keep me motivated and without you, I wouldn't remember most of them.


Along with reminding me of all of my workouts, you keep them between just you and me. I can tell you about the worst workouts and know that you won't share this information with anyone. Every embarrassing run, either in distance or pace, you keep to yourself. You listen to me without judgement.



Oh, running journal, I don't know what I did before I had you. Those runs and workouts B.R.J. (before running journal) are just lost in the world of Garmin, just numbers that mean nothing without my thoughts behind them. As important as the numbers are to me, my thoughts are also important for me to express. Why was that run so good or bad? What was I wearing that possibly led to this success or failure? Was it my first time wearing a new pair of shoes? Who ran with me? What route did I follow? These thoughts are all important to record and you keep them for me, safely between your soft, leather cover.


Along with all of these wonderful things, you also provide me with resources that allow me to add more to my weekly workouts. Before you, I had no clue what "The Dozen" was but now I love this workout circuit. Before you, I didn't force myself to map out my goals or my race day plans. Before you, my running life was a bit different. I am so glad I found you, Believe Training Journal.


Love always,
Emily



**For those of you who have never heard of the Believe Training Journal, you can check them out here. I first heard of them about 2 years ago and I have been in love with them ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment