Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Friday! Did anybody else feel like this week  d r a g g e d  on? I woke up on Wednesday thinking it was Thursday so that's basically how my week went... Anywho, I'm pumped that it's finally the weekend even if I don't have anything exciting planned! I really look forward to just relaxing and getting in some good workouts/runs on my own time. This week's Friday Five gives a little sneak peek into my life so sit back and enjoy!

Motivate Wraps
Source

1. Your Journey Momentum Wraps
Last week Momentum Jewelry released their newest line of momentum wraps, the Your Journey collection and let's just say I am obsessed. This collection features new mantras such as "worry less run more," "choose kind," "adventure awaits," and more! Along with the new mantras, they also released new wrap colors including sweet mint, orchid, very violet, and periwinkle. I'm currently trying to save money and I already ordered some new wraps just days before these were released, so I'm waiting to order a few of these. I'm totally eyeing up "worry less run more" on a periwinkle wrap and "adventure awaits" on a sweet mint wrap :)

Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Flavors 1
Source

2. Dunkin Donuts Girl Scout Cookie Flavors
These new flavors (Thin Mint, Caramel Coconut, and Peanut Butter Cookie) have been out for a few weeks now but I've finally tried all three and can safely say they all ROCK! I have tried all three in iced coffee and the Peanut Butter Cookie flavor in hot chocolate and I can't decide which I liked best! My brother claims a frozen hot chocolate with Peanut Butter Cookie is his favorite. I just want to drink them all day every day!


3. Free Weights at the Gym
In November I joined a new gym close to my house in hopes of adding strength training into my workout schedule. I think I have been doing a pretty darn good job if I do say so myself. I aim to go about 3-4 times a week. I focus on weights each time and occasionally take advantage of the treadmill for a run or speed work if the weather isn't the best outside. I've really been enjoying strength training and am already seeing some progress. This past week I decided to ask my brother to teach me some stuff in the free weight area. I've been avoiding the free weight area in the gym because honestly it's intimidating. Everyone there seems to know what they're doing and I just had this fear of completely embarrassing myself. Luckily, I go to the gym with my work out fanatic little brother who agreed to help me out. I am so glad I finally made the jump from machines to free weights because boy oh boy do I feel a difference. **I do still use the weight machines but I am slowly transitioning to mostly using free weights**

Source

4. The "Hanger Trick"
Okay okay, so I'm not sure what the real name of this trick is but I like to refer to it as the hanger trick. The purpose of the hanger trick is to try and wear all your clothes in your closet while also seeing what clothes you don't want or need anymore. If this is something you feel you need to do then listen up! To start, put all the clothes in your closet on hangers facing towards the back of the closet (the typical way). As you wear each item, wash it and put it back on the hanger. When you put it back in the closet, put it with the hook facing the opposite way. Do this with each item you wear and do not wear any of the clothes facing the opposite way just yet. After a couple weeks, most of your clothes should be facing the opposite way. Those hangers facing the back most likely are holding a clothing item you aren't a huge fan of. This is where you purge those items! Either give it away, sell it, donate it, whatever makes you feel good. Then switch your hangers back around and start all over! I have been trying to purge a lot lately in hopes of living a more simplified life and so far this trick has been super helpful. I use this trick all the time to make sure I wear everything I own and also to learn which items I don't actually like wearing. My closet loves me for it and I actually switch up my outfits now!

Source

5. Wedding Planning
This is kind of a random but for those of you who don't know, I'll be getting married next August which is 511 days away! With this over a year away, I've kind of been putting planning on the back burner because there isn't a whole lot I can do this early. However, I really got into a wedding planning mood this week so I tried my best to find some tasks I could start to cross off my never-ending list. I actually am really enjoying researching photographers and planning some DIY decor. If you've been keeping up with my blog then you probably know I love planning and preparing and overall just being ahead in my life so any little tasks I can cross off my to-do lists really makes me feel good!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment