Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

TGIF! We finally made it to the end of this crazy work week! Mine was crazy because it was filled with snow and a disorganized schedule. I hope every has a wonderful, relaxation and/or fun-filled weekend ahead of them. Today's Friday Five focuses on 5 things I've been loving lately and want to share with you!

My designated egg mug that never actually holds coffee...
1. Egg Mugs
I'm pretty late to the party on this one, but I've recently discovered egg mugs and now they have been my go-to breakfast. For those of you who are also late to the egg mug party, let me tell you about this easy-peasy breakfast (or any time of day meal) that is life changing. Egg mugs are exactly what you think: an egg made in a mug. Mind blowing, right?! All you have to do is find a mug that's not too small (I actually have a designated mug for my eggs), scramble up an egg or two in them, add any other ingredients you may wish, and pop it in the microwave. I know all microwaves can be different, so I'll tell you how I cook mine but remember your egg mug may take more or less time. I first put it in the microwave for 1 minute. After a minute, I take it out and check to see if there is still some liquid (there almost always is). If there is any more liquid, I pop it back in for about 30 seconds. That is usually just enough time for me. And there you have it: a delicious breakfast that takes little time and doesn't dirty a bunch of dishes. Just a few pointers on making egg mugs: make sure the yolk gets broken when you scramble the egg or else it may pop while microwaving and make a big mess. Clean or soak the mug right after eating because nothing is more annoying to clean than dried up scrambled eggs.


2. Everything but the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's
I've been hearing/reading a lot about this seasoning lately around social media and recipe blogs. People have been raving about all the different foods they have been using this seasoning on, such as the newly-popular 2 ingredient bagels (I know this is supposed to be focusing on the seasoning, but OMG these bagels are amazing and oh so easy to make!). I'm not much of a seasoning person, but after hearing about it so much, I decided I had to try it. I don't have a Trader Joe's extremely close to me, so last weekend I convinced my fiance to go with me to the closest one we have to not only check out Trader Joe's since I had never been, but also to pick up this seasoning. I have only tried it on my eggs so far but I am already hooked. The garlic, onion, sesame seed, and poppy seed mixture is delicious! I plan to make the 2 ingredient bagels soon to try it on.

Faded Glory Women's Scrunch Ballet Flat
Source

3. Faded Glory Scrunch Ballet Flats from Walmart

Sadly I am unable to wear running shoes at my job which forces me to find shoes that not only look nice, but also are comfortable enough to wear for an extended period of time... oh, and don't break the bank! This is something that has always been a challenge for me. Somehow I can never find shoes that meet these three standards. Well, that was until this week! While in Walmart the other night, I decided to check out the shoe section. Every once in awhile I come across a decent pair of dress shoes for a very reasonable price. They're not always the most comfortable or durable, but they make do. This particular night I came across a pair of flats that meet my three standards. They are basic scrunch flats with comfortable memory foam inside and only cost me $9.97! I was so excited! I wore them the next day and I was NOT disappointed. I even went back the next night and picked up a nude pair, brown pair, and extra black pair. I couldn't pass up such a great deal for a pair of flats that are basically super cheap Tieks! Now I'm not sure how long they'll last, but for less than $10, I'll be happy with anything longer than 6 months.


4. Two Hour Snow Delays
My area got a significant amount of snow this week which surprisingly did NOT result in any full snow days. Yes, I know it sounds like I am happy about this. That's because I am. One more snow day means that we lose time off our school's Spring Break and most people I know did not want that to happen. On Wednesday we were given an early dismissal so we could make it home before the worst of the snow storm. I was very grateful for that! In turn, we were given a 2 hour delay on Thursday. This made me so happy because not only was I able to take my time getting ready in the morning, but I also had time for a Dunkin' breakfast date with John! If only every work day could start at 10 AM...


5. Brave Like Gabe
If you haven't heard about Gabe Grunewald and her "Brave Like Gabe" foundation, you can get the full story on Brooks website. Long story short, Gabe is a pro runner who has been battling cancer. Despite the cancer, Gabe is extremely positive and still working towards her goals. She is using the phrase "Brave Like Gabe" to help others find their own opportunities to be brave.


"Brave Like Gabe" has become the sign-off for Gabe's story as a cancer patient and professional athlete. For Gabe, being brave means continuing to train even when doctors tell her she'll never be as fast as she was before. It means living a full life with her husband Justin Grunewald and going about her normal routine as a professional athlete.

For someone else, being brave could mean having the courage to run their first mile. If we truly take "Brave Like Gabe" to heart, it means persevering through challenges without comparing ourselves to anyone else.

Want to celebrate Gabe's positive spirit and love of running? Dedicate your next run to her! It's simple: go on Brooks website (link posted above), download & print the PDF, RUN, record those miles, and then share on social media using the hashtag #BraveLikeGabe. I dedicated my run yesterday to Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment