Monday, March 12, 2018

Motivation Monday

Source

This quote is perfect for these past few weeks of crazy weather. Each day is not going to be perfect for a run. Some days it's too cold/hot/windy/rainy/snowy/etc. The list is endless. Obviously you do not want to go out in torrential downpour or a blizzard, but skipping a run each time the weather isn't the perfect condition will not help you at all. Personally, running in imperfect conditions makes me feel stronger. Something about running through snow or a light drizzle makes me feel tough and determined. Running in imperfect conditions has also been beneficial for me when it comes to race preparation. I once ran a very hilly half marathon in April... while it was snowing. Fortunately I had had the chance to run in the snow on several occasions, making this familiar terrain. If I hadn't trained in these conditions, I wouldn't had known how to handle myself in this type of weather, resulting in injury. 

Overall, this quote is very motivational to me and I wish it is for you all as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment